The Open Road BlogNavigating the financial road ahead might be a little too much adventure for some. These articles will get you pointed in the right direction.
Are you moving to a new neighborhood or city for a job, family, or a new adventure? There’s so much to consider including schools, neighborhoods, and cost of living. Each decision affects your finances. Here’s a complete financial checklist to moving.
Relocating to Kansas City for a new job or new adventure? You won’t be disappointed. The city continues to earn national recognition for its cost of living, food, and world class attractions. If you’re moving to Kansas City, here’s what you need to know.
Searching for a home is exciting and nerve-racking all at the same time. Especially since housing inventory is low giving buyers fewer options at higher prices. You can’t control the real estate market, but you can control your budget. The smart home buying strategies you should follow so that you won’t go broke.
When you search divorce, you find the latest A-lister headed to a divorce attorney. From Chris Rock to Angelina Jolie, we’re fascinated by divorce. For most Americans, we don’t have the deep pockets of Hollywood stars. They make divorce look easy! How do you manage when you’re not Chris Rock and you have to financially start over from nothing?
Most couples have a hard time talking about money. Yet, it’s one of the most important conversations you can have. Especially if you’re heading into a second marriage. Life is more complicated the second time down the aisle. The 5 money talks proven to help a second marriage.
You work hard all your life, saving for your future, and the minute you retire thieves are ready to steal your money. Once you or an elderly loved one falls victim to a scam, it’s easier to be ripped off a second time. The 6 steps you can take to protect loved ones from financial scams.
As baby boomers age, more families are struggling with caring for their aging parents. It’s emotionally, physically, and financially difficult. However, it’s something we will all face at some point in our lives. So, it’s important to create a financial plan long before dementia or Alzheimer’s disease sets in.
Local Financial Advisor Joins Leading Association of Fee-Only Financial Planners: Todd W. Minear of Open Road Wealth Management, LLC accepted for Membership in the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA)
Todd W. Minear of Open Road Wealth Management, LLC in Kansas City, MO has been accepted for membership in leading Fee-Only association in the United States.
Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube are full of full of millennials, retirees, and families living full time on the road. The beauty of traveling attracts many, but there are several financial decisions you need to make before you hit the open road.
For many people, math isn’t their favorite subject. Never mind finance and economics. So it makes sense that people don’t like budgeting. With 1 simple trick, you can get a budget makeover and save more money.
- How will Wall Street react if the government shuts down — and is your 401(k) safe? | NBC News
- 9 New Year’s resolutions for the nearly retired | Market Watch
- 5 Financial New Year’s Resolutions To Make This Year | Geico More
- Why HSAs Are Surging in Popularity | Financial Planning Magazine
- Here’s How to Handle Your Retirement Withdrawals | CNBC
- How to Protect Your Family Members — or Yourself — from Elder Abuse | Market Watch
- Ten Ways to Get a Good Return on Your Cash (Stocks Not Included) | Bloomberg
- Best Financial Advice for 2017: Experts’ Top 15 Money Tips for the New Year | Financial Planning Association of Silicon Valley
- Top 5 Financial Tips For The 2017 New Year | University Herald
- The top 10 not-so-common financial tips for the New Year | Kansas City Star
- 10 Retirement Resolutions for Retirees | US News