Our most Frequently Asked Questions
Don’t see your question or want more clarification? Shoot us an email HERE
Join us and enjoy these Massive Benefits:
- Get your Financial House in Order. Many times this is the first step. You have to be organized to know your starting point. We start with gathering your information and figuring out your goals.
- Move on from Procrastination. It’s time to Get Time on Your Side. We will bug you, nudge you, lean on you or sometimes beg you to get your tasks done! Don’t worry, we will figure out the approach that works best on you!
- Enjoy an honest and objective evaluation. We are educated, experienced, ethical and insightful professionals. We see many things that clients don’t. Afterall, you don’t know what you don’t know. We always tell it like it is – even if you don’t want to hear it.
- Look around the Corner. We look years ahead and anticipate how today’s strategies will impact your opportunity for a successful retirement.
- Get Educated. We believe that educated clients make the best decisions. After we learn your situation and aspirations, we will provide you with the resources so together, we can make the best decision for you
- Collaborate with us. Sure, if we work together, you pay us and you’re the boss. However, you will get the best results when we put our heads together and collaborate. Intimate collaboration will give you the best opportunity for success.
Retirement MAPs (Made-to-order Action Plans) are generally in the range of $3,000 to $10,000. It all depends on the complexity. When you bundle Investment Management with you Retirement MAP the annual fee is generally just 1% of the assets we manage for you. We call this bundle Retirement MAP +. Our fees are fully transparent and in writing.
Yes – we are Fee Only advisors. The term Fee Only is simple to understand. Fee Only advisors only collect fees from their clients. We believe this aligns our interest with yours. We don’t earn commissions from selling products like many financial advisors do. We put ourselves in the position to be your consultants so we can make recommendations in your best interest. This way, we both win!
Fee Only can be easily confused with Fee Based. Fee Based advisors can earn fees from clients for giving advice while also earning commissions by selling products from mutual fund and insurance companies. Sounds like a major conflict of interest to us!
Yes. We do our best work with those who have $500,000 or more of investable assets.
We value, nurture and thrive on long-term relationships. That stated, there is no obligation for you to stay a client longer than you want. We will fully explain the agreement(s) you sign. Cancel our engagement at any time without penalty.
Possibly. There are exceptions to every rule. Take our free self-assessment and find out.
Take my Assessment
If we aren’t a good fit, we are happy to refer you to another Fee Only, Certified Financial Planner.
We design customized portfolios for each client based on their goals and risk tolerance. Our three cornerstones are low expense, diversification and tax efficiency. We also make sure the right assets are in the right types of accounts – this provides Massive Value!
We do our best work those aged 50+ and Federal Employees. Of course, there are exceptions to every rule. Feel free to take your self-assessment to see if we would be a good fit.
Take my Assessment
Also, you would not hire Open Road Wealth if you are looking for help with a single topic like college education or insurance. We believe that nothing happens in a vacuum and do our best work when we look at the big picture. Otherwise, an important factor will likely be missed.
The difference between a financial advisor and a financial planning consultant is very slight; however, there is a notable difference. At Open Road Wealth, we look at ourselves as financial planning consultants because we offer a unique relationship with each individual person. We look at our relationship as more than being just your financial advisor. We are your partner here to help you maneuver through your post retirement journey.
Open Road Wealth specializes in retirement planning Kansas City. As natives to the Kansas City area, we know all the nuances to help make your retirement in Kansas City as pleasant as possible.
Yes – 100% of the time. We always act in your best interest.
Yes. In person also!