There are endless quotes about money. Some funny, some serious, some good, some bad, some useless and some practical. Ah – those are the ones we want to focus on – the practical ones.
After all, when it comes to money, it is generally best to be practical, well, most of the time with most of your money. Referencing one, two, or more of your favorite guideposts for making financial decisions can be helpful.
So here you go. A list of the absolute most practical quotes about money – ever!
- “A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned.” —Benjamin Franklin
- “Sometimes your best investments are the ones you don’t make.” —Donald Trump
- “The habit of saving is itself an education; it fosters every virtue, teaches self-denial, cultivates the sense of order, trains to forethought, and so broadens the mind.” —T.T. Munger
- “Money is a terrible master but an excellent servant.” —P.T. Barnum
- “The individual investor should act consistently as an investor and not as a speculator.” —Ben Graham
- “You must gain control over your money or the lack of it will forever control you.” —Dave Ramsey
- “Never spend your money before you have it.” —Thomas Jefferson
- “How many millionaires do you know who have become wealthy by investing in savings accounts? I rest my case.” —Robert G. Allen
- “The amount of money you have determines the amount of freedom you have. No money, No Freedom!” —Anonymous
- “Unearned Money has no value.” —Anonymous
- “If I see a penny on the ground I will pick it up and invest it. Down the road it may be worth a nickel.” —Anonymous
- “If there is something that needs done and I don’t want to do it, I will pay up to $25 per hour to get it done.” —Anonymous
- “Health is more important than money so be willing to spend time and money on healthcare and exercising.” —Anonymous
- “Can’t afford a vacation or don’t have the time, then take a staycation. It’s worth it!” —Anonymous
- “Let’s make a Plan.” —CFP Board
- “It’s not what you make, it’s what you spend that matters the most.” —Anonymous
- “Sometimes the middle of the road is the best answer.” —Anonymous
- “There is generally more than one right way to accomplish a goal.” —Anonymous